Pages

Monday, September 12, 2011

Menu Plan Monday

These past few weeks I have not done a good job following my menu plan. We deviate from it quite a bit. The good news is that I have not added any additional trips to the grocery store, but the bad news is that I have not used the vegetables from our share as much as I should have and we have thrown out a few items when they went bad. I am trying again this week to make a meal plan and stick with it. This is my first week back at work since July so we will only have family dinners four of the seven nights. Jon doesn't like to cook much when it is just him and the kids so I scheduled a leftover night and a pasta night for them while I am at work. Jon has class on Wednesday so I am making a light dinner that he can heat up when he gets home. Hopefully I will be able to stick to the plan this time!

Breakfasts:
waffles (the frozen kind)
bagels and cream cheese
cereal
scrambled eggs
fruit

Lunches:
peanut butter and jelly
lunchables
ham and cheese
bologna and cheese
macaroni and cheese
bagel pizzas

Dinners:
Monday- leftovers for Jon and the kids, a sandwich for me at work

Tuesday- pasta

Wednesday- grilled cheese for the kids, Olive Garden Tuscana Soup for Jon and I with homemade French Bread

Thursday- tacos with homemade salsa (I need to use up those CSA and garden tomatoes!)

Friday- grilled honey lime chicken thighs and grilled vegetables

Saturday- brinner- french toast, scrambled eggs, canned peaches and sausage

Sunday- meatball grinders and garden vegetables

For more menu ideas visit I'm An Organizing Junkie

No comments: