Pages

Monday, November 7, 2011

Menu Plan Monday

To say that last week did not go as planned is putting it mildly. We lost power on October 29th and it is still out as I am writing this on November 4. We had a snowstorm that in the middle of winter would have been normal and expected. But when you put a foot of snow on top of trees that still have most of their leaves, the results are less than pleasant.





We have a generator (love my husband for that purchase!) but it won't power our stove. My fridge stayed cold and my house and water stayed warm so we dealt with the lack of stove issue. We got creative (crockpot, grill and toaster meals) and we only ate out one time. I will post more about that later this week. But suffice it to say my menu plan was not followed. At all.





I am hopeful that our power will be restored by the time this posts but I am not sure. We were supposed to have power back by Friday at noon. On Friday at 10 am they changed that prediction to Sunday at noon. I am hopeful but I am being realistic, it may be several more days without power. My menu is planned as if we have power, but I have backup meals in mind if we continue to cook on the grill, crockpot and George Foreman grill.





This week's planned menu:





Monday- chicken nuggets and baby carrots





Tuesday- kielbasa and vegetables for Jon and the kids. Soup for me.





Wednesday- spaghetti and meatballs, homemade bread.





Thursday- cheeseburger soup (from last week's plan)





Friday- quesadillas





Saturday- chicken, broccoli and rice





Sunday- homemade pizza





For more menu ideas visit I'm An Organizing Junkie

No comments: