Pages

Friday, January 18, 2013

7 Quick Takes Friday

7 quick takes sm1 7 Quick Takes Friday (vol. 202)
 
What a week it's been.  I am extremely grateful that it is Friday and a three day weekend.  It means I get Jon home for an extra day, and that means a possible extra day to sleep in for me.  That is always a good thing!
 
 
1
 
My grandparents, whom I love very much, are currently in the hospital.  They are sharing a room, which I think is wonderful.  They have been married 63 years and are not accustomed to being apart.  I want them healthy and home quickly. 
 
2
Wednesday was a snow day.  And it was the just right amount of snow.  The kids built a snow man with Jon's help and had a great time.
 
3
We took the little guy for his 6 month appointment on Wednesday.  I think he is aiming to lose the nickname "little guy."  His latest stats, at 6 months, are 19 lbs 8 oz.  Madeline didn't even weigh that much at 1 year!
 
4
Speaking of Madeline, she was sent home from school with a fever on Thursday.  A fever means she cannot return to school until she has been fever-free for 24 hours, without medication.  So no school on Friday.  And Monday there is no school.  So she is out until Tuesday. 
 
5
Which means I am home with four kids all. day. long. today.  Oh boy.
 
6
And that means tonight is a movie night.  We'll be watching Pocahontas and eating popcorn. 
 
7
The good news for the week is that I have stuck to my plan to start walking again.  Jon has been extra supportive of this and helping me to find time in the afternoon to get out for half an hour.  I am tired when I go, but I feel so much better when I come back. 
 
 
Have a great weekend!



No comments: