Pages

Thursday, January 17, 2013

Working to be Healthier: Week 2

My weight stagnated the past 2 weeks.  I am not sure if it is my eating habits (completely possible), the fact that exercise is not a priority to me right now (likely cause) or the fact that I may just be at my lowest healthy weight for my current daily eating habits.

I'd really, really, really like to lose another 5 pounds.  Partly because my jeans a just a tid bit too tight.  Partly because I was able to get 5 pounds lower 2 years ago.  And partly because I just want to (not the best reason I know).

That means something needs to change.  So I am making myself a priority and making time to exercise.  Obviously the 40 crunches a night I am making myself do are not going to help me lost 5 more pounds.  Those are to help tone and possibly tighten my belly.  It has been stretched out a few times in the past 8 years and could use some help.  But I need to stop making exercise a four letter word.  There really is no excuse on why I can not find 30 minutes 3 or 4 times a week to walk, do yoga, pilates or some other form of exercise.  If I turned off my kindle a few times a day the time would appear I am sure.  Which leads me to my goal for this week: add 30-40 minutes of exercise in 3 or 4 times this week.  Three would be the minimum acceptable.  Four or more is my goal.

If I add exercise and the scale doesn't move then I can at least know that I am healthier.  I may not way less, which would be nice.  But I am making healthier choices which is better than simply being thin.

My current goal list is:

#1. 40 crunches a day.

#2. Exercise 30-40 minutes 3 or 4 times a week.

Last week for 5 out of 7 nights I was able to do my crunches.  It's small, but it is a start.

No comments: