Pages

Friday, January 11, 2013

7 Quick Takes

7 quick takes sm1 7 Quick Takes Friday (vol. 202)
 
1
Wyatt has his first double ear infection.  And I had my first experience with a baby with a ruptured ear drum.  The pediatrician said he should be fine and wrote a prescription for antibiotics. You'd think I'd have this mommy thing down by the fourth kid but the leaking ear threw me for a loop!
 
 
2
Madeline and Owen started a session of gymnastics this week.  Madeline is doing her second session and Owen is just starting his first session.  They both love it!
 
3
Jon took Madeline, Owen and Ben to gymnastics on Monday since his night school class has not started yet.  I was left at home with just the baby.  Ahh, peace.
 
4
My mom and I were helping to clean out my grandmother's closet this week to help her downsize her clothes (my grandmother has tons of clothes).  While cleaning we found some lose old pictures as well as a bunch of albums.  I am planning to sit down with my grandmother soon to hear some stories.
 
5
I am going through a stay at home phase right now.  I find myself cycling in and out of this.  I am a stay at home mom, but there will be weeks where we are out of the house all. the. time.  While I like taking my kids to playgroups and on outings, I crave being at home sometimes.  And this week we stayed home 4 out of 5 mornings.  
 
6
 My aunt was visiting last week. She asked me what I have been up to besides taking care of the kids.  I thought for a minute and realized that the answer was...nothing.  I haven't tutored in 7 months now and I really don't have any hobbies.  And when I thought about it I was a little sad.  I have no desire to return to working outside the house (unless Jon and I find a need for the salary) but I would like to cultivate some hobbies.  I have a sewing machine and I think now is a great time to learn how to use it.  Now I just need to find some easy projects to start with.  I was thinking about this but making it for a doll instead. However, I don't know if it will be too difficult to start with.
 
 
7
I found a really neat idea on Pinterest that will hopefully keep my kids busy for hours  minutes.  I am sending Jon to Home Depot or Lowe's this weekend for the parts.
 
 
Linking up with 7 Quick Takes Friday

No comments: